Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Hey, watch it!


These are the things I've amassed while being down here in Phoenix. I mean that I got myself, although the sports bra and running shirt my mom got for me, since I needed them.

*A dark shade of pretty, sparkly purple polish.
*A new woven belt. I broke my last one, and this one is much smaller and fits me properly.
*A new pan. It is a wonderful size and shape. Now I'll have an in between from my wok and regular frying pans.
*I'd returned the Patagonia jacket and bought a much cheaper substitute. It's a pack-down type, and all that, which will be great for camping.
*A shirt with dinosaurs on it!
*A pretty green t-shirt.
*A wooden mortar and pestle.
*New wonderful art pens. (I'm a bit of a geek when it comes to pens.)
*A super pretty bowl. Here's a close-up:
*A black mug with handle. It has a nice weight.
*A black pot, great for cooking rice.
*The third book in The Hunger Games series. I still need to find the second one before I can start reading it, haw.
*A pretty basket. I think I'm going to use it to store my toys on my shelf, and give me a little more room.

I never really took the time to make an end of the year post, as I had in 2010. But, I think I can summarize a few key points worth noting from last year.

*I adopted a kitty on June 1st. I named him Sir Thaddeus Rex, also known as Mr. T, Mr. Fluffbutt, Mr. Crazypants, or Mr. Purr-Monster. I love him, even if he is the Pinky in the duo.
*I had a summer job as a security guard working for The Cardinals. The hours were strenuous, but helped me get some money I'd lost over the summer.
*In April, I officially started a new attitude toward working out and with more gusto began a pilates and running regime. I've kept to it, and improved my endurance and strength greatly. Over the last few months, I've added lifting weights and a second pilates video to my routine. I feel fantastic.
*I'm always discovering new wonderful music. <3
*I finished the first semester of my senior year of college!
*I bought an electric guitar. I want to start practicing really badly once I get back to Flagstaff!
*I decided to read more. I got a goodreads account, and it's really helped me to motivate myself to finish reading each book, so I can add them to my list. I'm not picky about what I read. I'm trying to just read any and everything, I guess, even if it's tough to get through.
*And of course, I cooked loads of good food.

2 comments:

carla said...

Sounds like lots of awesome stuff. The electric gutair and cat would be my favorites. Even though I can't play gutair, I'd just dress all rock n roll and stare at it. Cool blog
Carla
redpunzel-Carla.blogspot.com

leader of the pack said...

Haha, I don't know how to play, really, either. I want to start learning, though! Thanks. :D