Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I saw faces in the trees, I heard voices in the stars.

My birthday was the 8th. I'm 23 now. It's sorta frightening to think about, but I need to press forward and reach my goals. I have a set number of fitness goals for by the time I turn the big 3-0. I've gone backward a little bit, with traveling, moving and house-hunting on the agenda. We're settled in a really nice duplex apartment now, and I have floor space (right now anyway). I'm really looking forward to working out on a regular basis again. I've started getting back into it as of the last few days, and I have a lot of work ahead of me, but being able to do the things I want physically are very important to me.

As for my birthday, I received a few great things from my mom.

Photobucket

These super duper pretty lantern lights. And a new sports bra and running underwear. :D I'm really excited to use them. It'll be nice to not have my underwear get soaked in sweat. I also got a new bike seat for my bike. My old one is very ripped up.

Things I'm still pining after:

Photobucket
This awesome calendar by krankpress. This one is currently out of stock, for the south. They show what produce is in season to grow, and what is in season on the market. It's super cool! I love it. And there aren't any years on it, so you can use it over and over.

Photobucket
I'd really love to get into canning. I know I'd need the kit to vacuum seal the jars, too. I like this book .

  Photobucket
I really need a horn for my bike, to easily let pedestrians know I'm there. In Flagstaff, calling out wasn't enough, and this is not a bike-friendly place at all, from my observation. I really like this one.
Photobucket
In combination with a horn, a mirror has been on my list for a while. It'd make things much smoother.

One day I'd really like to paint my bike completely black, so it no longer has any labels or stickers, or scratches. It's currently a teal color.

I probably have other dinky things I want.

Song of the day: "The First Time I Ran Away" by M. Ward.

No comments: