Saturday, March 2, 2013

Take off those glasses, let down your hair for me.

I have a whiteboard in my room which is divided into three sections. One has a to-do: section, for tasks/chores, one is my workout regiment, which I'm going to organize by days of the week now, and the last has a daily reminder for drinking at least 2 cups of tea, 3 glasses of water and 2 servings of greens, and then recipes I've chosen to make for the week. So in that way, I will be tracking myself on those things. For here, I figured I'd just write a few easy to accomplish goals, so I could feel like I'm doing something and not make anything stressful or overly eager. There is nothing wrong with big, powerful goals, but I think I'll be more satisfied with small things I know I can do.

1) Since I no longer have a job working with my hands, I'm going to start a new care routine to bring my hands back to a better state. They're by no means horrible, but I want to nurture them a little.

2) Read a book a month. (This has always sorta been an overall goal of mine, but I seem to end up waffling on it and a month will go by and I haven't read...) So far I've read one book this year. D:

3) Cut out white, refined sugar, and start using healthier substitutes. I don't like those fake sugar alternatives. More like - muscovado sugar, brown rice syrup, agave and molasses.

Untitled

In other news, look how adorable my cats are! Don't be fooled, Mr. T is just stretched out. Buster weighs a lot more.

Song of the day: "Librarian" by My Morning Jacket.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't like the fake alternatives either. I cut out sugar as well. Well I treat myself maybe once a month. I went on a vegan cruise and they talked about agave and how it actually is worse than high fructose corn syrup because it's ratio of fructose is much higher. Needless to say, we stopped using what little agave we were using. :)

leader of the pack said...

Oh yeah? I've never heard that about agave. That's too bad. I've been using honey a lot more, and it's really nice. :)