Friday, April 26, 2013

Hm. Well. In terms of my goals, I failed at the making lunches for myself. At least, so far. Sometimes I'd bring left-overs, which was nice, or a thermos of tea and a piece of fruit, or honestly, much of the time I don't bring anything at all.

Haven't picked up my guitar. I don't know what is stopping me. I've been working out a lot more, though. That's something.

I do wake up earlier, but not as early as I should. I start work an hour later than I used to, though, so I actually get some things done in the morning, which is quite nice.

I'm currently making bagels from scratch. This will be my second time doing so. The first batch was wonderful, so I've been craving them again. I don't always, but since I pledged last year to start making my own bread from scratch, I feel I've done fairly well for myself. So far I've made all kinds of things, like English Muffins, sourdough (although that one didn't rise properly, but it tasted just like sourdough), rye, basic rustic bread, French bread, cheese pesto loafs, challa, honey wheat, and foccacia.

I find that food is one of the most predominant things on my mind. I'm always thinking about growing my own food one day, and recipes and what I'll cook. I would really like an ice cream maker, a proper food processor, and a pasta press! It'd just be so wonderful to be able to start making even more from scratch. This summer I should hopefully get the opportunity to go to some local farms and pick berries and the like and make some sorbet and pies, etc. Weee.

No comments: