Friday, December 31, 2010

The year.

I feel like this month practically flew by! Hell, this year seemed to go by extremely fast. I don't think I could do a month-to-month run down, as many people seem to be doing, because I can hardly even remember most of what happened. There were many high points, most of which seem to be since the summer started.

  • Getting a job with the Albright Training Center in the Grand Canyon.
  • Getting the chance to hike to Indian Gardens and camp overnight, when I wouldn't've been able to otherwise.
  • Finding bountiful baskets, a food co-op that works with many farms across the southwest (not sure where else), and gives a great amount of produce for cheap.
  • Improving my endurance with biking.
  • Making lots of good food from scratch. I still would like to eat more healthily.
  • Whittling down the amount of belongings I plan on keeping, and therefore adding more to the sell pile.
  • Buying a new, awesome camera that far surpasses my old one. If only I remembered to bring it with me more often.
  • Going on hiking trips with Rochelle in Sedona and the Grand Canyon.
  • Discovering lots of new music!
  • Making some new friends.
  • Getting better grades this semester.
  • And finally, getting a job with the park service here in Flagstaff! It starts right at the beginning of the new year.
And, as promised, some pictures of my cat post haircut.






And one pre-haircut.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

aw kitty buster! does he like his lion cut? what a sweetie. it sounds like you're doing lots of great things! good for you---i admire your dedication.

leader of the pack said...

Jessica:

I hope he likes it. He's really soft! Thanks. I'm hoping even more happens this year.